5 Pre-Owned Luxury Car-Buying Tips
When it comes to used cars, the general consensus is “buyer beware”—especially a luxury car, which can come with a higher price tag and a higher cost for any repairs that might pop up. Here are a few things you can do to ensure any used car you buy is a quality one:
- Choose a reliable dealer: Used car dealers rely on their reputation to stay in business, so they’re far less likely to sell you a lemon than a private seller who can disappear on you.
- Avoid buying unseen: Always ensure you can inspect the car and take it for a test drive before buying.
- Ask about remaining warranties: If the car is only a few years old, it should still have some portion of the manufacturer’s warranty attached to it. If buying from a dealer, ask if they have a dealer’s warranty too.
- Get the car history report: Get the car’s make, model, year, and VIN, and order the report online to check for any undisclosed accidents and repairs.
- Have it inspected: Have the car inspected by a professional mechanic before you agree to buy it. You might have to foot the bill for this yourself, but it’s well worth it to ensure there are no hidden issues with the car.