5 Keys to Buying a Used Car
- Set a budget. Before you shop, define your budget.
- Define your parameters. Ask yourself what features and luxuries are important to you. What are your must haves and what are your wishes?
- Do your research. Narrow your search to the makes and models that meet your needs, have the features you want, and fit your budget.
- Decide between a dealer and a private seller. You’ll likely get a lower price from a private seller, but dealers offer benefits and perks that have real value.
- Consider Certified Pre-Owned. Many car manufacturers offer certified pre-owned (CPO) programs. CPO vehicles are late model, low mileage cars that have been refurbished to near factory conditions and come with generous warranties.